Let’s Give A Voice To Variation
- Date: Wednesday 3rd November 2021
- Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Location: Online
- Cost: £65 per person
Details and content
Primary teachers have been engaging with Mastery in Mathematics for some time now. Some (tentative!) evidence suggests that it is impacting on learning and teaching. For many, ‘variation’ is regarded as a key element of Mastery but one that appears not to have been widely explored with classroom practitioners in depth or exploited in a focused way. Its potential to support and enhance primary teacher practice in Mathematics is acknowledged by many, but what is it exactly and how does it work in practice?
This workshop will take a practical, hands on approach. It will aim to enable participants to enhance their confidence to apply variation creatively in their practice and to impact on pupil attitudes and attainment.
Key Stage 2 teachers
Aims of the workshop:
- To enable participants to develop an understanding of ‘variation theory’.
- To enable participants to develop a confident ability to apply ‘variation’ creatively in their teaching of mathematics
- To provide opportunities for participants to develop, trial, evaluate and share ideas that exemplify ‘variation in practice’.
To generate opportunities for participants to set up mutually supportive networks for ongoing work on exploiting the potential of ‘variation’.
To book your place(s) on this course, either:
- Complete the online form below
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Maxine Spooner on 01782 486 350
PLEASE NOTE: 14 days’ notice must be given to cancel a course to avoid a cancellation charge
An invoice will be sent via email following your booking.
Please check your spam/junk folder and email email@example.com if you do not receive this email.