We still have places on our School Direct programme starting Sept 2017
We still have places on our School Direct programme starting September 2017.
We are accepting applications and are looking to interview candidates as soon as possible.
If you know anyone who may be interested please forward them this link or share it on social media.
Please apply using the button below as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Our School Direct teacher training programme is an excellent opportunity for graduates and career changers to join the teaching profession. School Direct is a new route into teaching that places the school based programme at the heart of the experience.
We have a proven track record:
- 100% of 2015 School Direct trainees rated as good or outstanding
- 100% of trainees in NQT posts following completion for the third year running
On our programme you’ll also have the unique opportunity for an enhanced international placement in Holland.
See details about our School Direct programme here.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants must have:
- Preferable 2:1 or above degree
- Maths, English and Science GCSE grade C or above (no equivalent tests accepted by the University of Derby)
- Sound knowledge of Foundation Stage/Key Stage 1 OR Key Stage 1/2
- Experience in a school—classroom based (paid or voluntary)
- Potential to teach letter from schools
- A personal statement submitted with application
Please note, you will need to pass Maths and English skills tests before commencing the programme.
How to apply
Apply for our School Direct programme via The UCAS Portal, by searching for Britannia Teaching School Alliance.
The Teacher Development Trust, the national charity for professional learning is launching a new project in Stoke-on-Trent and North Staffordshire to support schools in developing the most effective CPD.
NQT CONFERENCE 2017 We held our annual conference for Newly Qualified Teachers on the 18th September where we opened up The Hub to more than 50 new teachers. Chris Brislen (CEO of St Bart’s Multi-Academy Trust) gave an inspirational keynote on making a difference for...
We are pleased to announce the release of our new CPD subscription package for schools for 2017-18.
We are sad to announce that Andrew Warren has made the decision to leave his post as the Director of BTSA to explore different opportunities and challenges.