In-house Programmes to Support EAL Learners
- Date: A date to suit you
- Location: In your own setting
- Cost: Please get in touch for details
Details and content
BTSA and The Bell Foundation are delighted to be working in partnership to provide schools with high quality professional development that enables pupils with English as an Additional Language to release their full potential. All five programmes can be delivered in your own setting as a half day INSET or as a twilight session.
Whole School Language Awareness
This session gives an introduction to Communicating with Speakers of Other Languages (CESOL) and includes:
- Raising awareness of comprehensible, accessible English language
- What makes English hard to understand?
- Practical strategies in and out of the classroom
- Gestures, facial expressions and demonstrating instructions
Differentiation and EAL – a session for teachers and teaching assistants
- Come together and share examples of good differentiation strategies already in place
- Develop more strategies that can be implemented immediately to support EAL learners
Teaching Assistants: Working with Learners who have EAL
This programme looks at ways in which Teaching Assistants support pupils who have the Additional Educational Need (AEN) of having English as a second language. The session looks at the elements of key EAL practice and is linked to the new DfE Proficiency in English scales for 4-16 year olds.
Grammar Under the Microscope
This programme is suitable for Primary teachers who require further support with their understanding of grammar and ways of explicitly teaching it. The session includes opportunities to explore language use and technique and is linked to the new DfE CPD Standard.
This programme supports professionals in their role in leading EAL in school. The session contains practical advice and provides co-ordinators with effective frameworks to ensure EAL provision is effective. Participants also have an opportunity to explore the new EAL Assessment Framework produced by The Bell Foundation.
To request further information, either:
- Complete the online form below
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Josephine Edwards at 01782 235 524
We look forward to hearing from you.
Upon submission, you shall receive an email confirming your request.
Please check your spam/junk folder and email email@example.com if you do not receive this email.