Let’s Give A Voice To Variation!
- Date: Friday 12 June 2020
- Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Location: Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy
- Cost: £40 per person
Details and content
BTSA are delighted to host this course facilitated by Dave Benson. In a current climate where many schools are engaging with Mastery in Mathematics, research suggests that the impact on learning and teaching is positive. For many, ‘variation’ is regarded as a key element of Mastery but one that appears not to have been widely explored with classroom practitioners in depth or exploited in a focused way. What is it exactly and how does it work in practice? This workshop will take a practical, hands-on approach. It will aim to enable participants to enhance their confidence to apply variation creatively in their practice and to impact on pupil attitudes and attainment.
Aims of the workshop
- To enable participants to develop an understanding of ‘variation theory’
- To enable participants to develop a confident ability to apply ‘variation’ creatively in their teaching of mathematics
- To provide opportunities for participants to develop, trial, evaluate and share ideas that exemplify ‘variation in practice’
- To generate opportunities for participants to set up mutually supportive networks for ongoing work on exploiting the potential of ‘variation’.
The session takes place at: BTSA, c/o Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy, Sussex Place, Longton, Stoke on Trent, ST3 4TP.
Parking is available at the Florence Sports and Social, Lightwood Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST3 4JS (Short walk away from Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy).
Please do not use staff, Co-Op or New Florence pub car parks.
To book your place(s) on this course, either:
- Complete the online form below
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Josephine Edwards on 01782 235 523
PLEASE NOTE: 14 days’ notice must be given to cancel a course to avoid a cancellation charge
An invoice will be sent via email following your booking.
Please check your spam/junk folder and email email@example.com if you do not receive this email.