Learning to Lead: A programme for Middle Leaders
- Date: This is a four session programme (see dates below)
- Time: 9:00am – 3:00pm for all sessions
- Location: Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy for all sessions
- Cost: £500 for the whole programme
Details and content
Learning to Lead is our established programme for new middle leaders or more experienced middle leaders who want to refresh and hone their skills. It supports staff in analysing the role of a middle leader in primary education and helps them to develop their own leadership skills.
The four days cover the practical realities of team leadership, managing people and managing yourself including –
- Motivating and empowering your team
- Developing your people skills through coaching and managing difficult conversations
- Networking with other Middle Leaders to gain alternative perspectives to leadership
Module 1: Coaching and learning conversations (Friday 17 January 2020)
- What is coaching?
- Getting ready to coach
- Coaching models
- Coaching conversations
Module 2: Who are we and what do we stand for? (Friday 31 January 2020)
- My values
- Leading myself
- Developing school culture
- Team personalities
Module 3: The leadership toolbox (Friday 7 February 2020)
- What is leadership?
- My experience of leadership
- What makes leaders great?
- Leadership styles
Module 4: Team building and difficult conversations (Friday 20 March 2020)
- Team characteristics
- Team formation
- Unproductive team members
- Conflict resolution
The session takes place at: BTSA, c/o Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy, Sussex Place, Longton, Stoke on Trent, ST3 4TP.
Parking is available at the Florence Sports and Social, Lightwood Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST3 4JS (Short walk away from Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy).
Please do not use staff or co-op car park.
To book your place(s) on this course, either:
- Complete the online form below
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Josephine Edwards on 01782 235 524
PLEASE NOTE: 14 days’ notice must be given to cancel a course to avoid a cancellation charge
An invoice will be sent via email following your booking.
Upon submission, you shall receive an email confirming your booking.
Please check your spam/junk folder and email email@example.com if you do not receive this email.