Empathy and Fatigue
- Date: Tuesday 17th February 2022
- Time: 9:00am – 3:30pm
- Location: Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy
- Cost: £105 per person
Details and content
Empathy. What exactly is it? Do all humans naturally exude empathy? What happens when we don’t agree with the lifestyles, life choices or actions of the people we are working with or support? When faced with morally
complex decisions does empathy, rather than rational compassion, sometimes mean we get things wrong?
This one day training course, encourages learners to embrace a more rational approach to working with all manner of people. Using up to date research and analysis, learners address their own bias and conceptions and explore how
to work compassionately with all manner of customers.
By the end of the day, all learners will have:
- Described what is meant by empathy
- Explained and explored the need for more rational compassion
- Addressed the passion versus compassion debate
- Discovered where dangerous ‘gut feelings’ can lead, especially in relation to empathy, anger, disgust and love
- Described the importance of facts
- Explored the difference between feeling and understanding
- Examined the escalation factors that create challenges and conflict
- Described how effective communication can support a customer to resolutions
- Explained how to work with all manner of customer irrespective of their lifestyle, life choices, words or actions
- Examined hidden feelings, thoughts and unconscious bias
The training is appropriate for anyone who is dealing directly with young people and adults.
The session takes place at: BTSA, c/o Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy, Sussex Place, Longton, Stoke on Trent, ST3 4TP.
Parking is available at the Florence Sports and Social, Lightwood Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST3 4JS (Short walk away from Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy).
Please do not use staff or co-op car park.
To book your place(s) on this course, either:
- Complete the online form below
- Email email@example.com
- Call Maxine Spooner on 01782 486 350
PLEASE NOTE: 14 days’ notice must be given to cancel a course to avoid a cancellation charge
An invoice will be sent via email following your booking.
Please check your spam/junk folder and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this email.