Effective Strategies For Learning
- Date: Tuesday 19 November 2019
- Time: 8:45am – 11:45am
- Location: Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy
- Cost: £150 per person
Details and content
This session will explore recent key pieces of research that address how children learn and teaching strategies that support pupils in gaining knowledge and understanding.
The course will also cover ways to promote effective study including –
- Spaced Parctice
- Dual Coding
- Concrete Examples
- Retrieval Practice
Course content is based on and includes reference to the following:
- The Science of Learning and the Science of Early Learning
- Understanding working memory and cognitive load theory
- Ebbinghaus’ Forgetting Curve
- Willingham’s Principles of the Mind
- Rosenshine’s Principles of Instruction
- Dunlosky’s Study Strategies to Boost Learning
This session takes place at: BTSA, c/o Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy, Sussex Place, Longton, Stoke on Trent, ST3 4TP.
Parking is available at the Florence Sports and Social, Lightwood Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST3 4JS (Short walk away from Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy).
Please do not use staff or co-op car park.
To book your place(s) on this course, either:
- Complete the online form below
- Email email@example.com
- Call Josephine Edwards on 01782 235 523
PLEASE NOTE: 14 days’ notice must be given to cancel a course to avoid a cancellation charge
An invoice will be sent via email following your booking.
Upon submission, you shall receive an email confirming your booking.
Please check your spam/junk folder and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this email.