Effective Questioning in the Primary Classroom
- Date: Tuesday 5 March 2019
- Time: 8:45am – 11:45am
- Location: Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy
- Cost: £150
Details and content
This “Effective Questioning” session will provide primary classroom practitioners with a range of proven techniques and ideas to use questions to encourage and extend children’s thinking.
Course content includes:
- Context, challenge and current thinking
- How and why do we use questions in the classroom?
- Preparing key questions using Bloom’s Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply, Analyse, Evaluation and Create)
- Structuring questions to link with lesson objectives
- Using effective questioning techniques for different learning needs and situations
- Encouraging pupils to initiate their own questions – “great lessons should be making learners want to ask questions”
- Developing strategies and using questioning in your own teaching
This session is suitable for all teachers and support staff in a primary classroom.
The session takes place at: BTSA, c/o Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy, Sussex Place, Longton, Stoke on Trent, ST3 4TP.
Parking is available at the Florence Sports and Social, Lightwood Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST3 4JS (Short walk away from Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy).
Please do not use staff or co-op car park.
To book your place(s) on this course, either:
- Complete the online form below
- Email email@example.com
- Call Josephine Edwards on 01782 235 523
PLEASE NOTE: 14 days’ notice must be given to cancel a course to avoid a cancellation charge
An invoice will be sent via email following your booking.
Upon submission, you shall receive an email confirming your booking.
Please check your spam/junk folder and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this email.