Effective Feedback: Mark Less, Impact More!
- Date: Tuesday 18 June 2019
- Time: 8:45am – 11:45am
- Location: Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy
- Cost: £150
Details and content
This session will provide classroom practitioners with a range of practical approaches to marking and assessment across a range of subjects. It focuses on ideas to reduce marking without impacting on learning.
Course content includes:
- Context, challenge and current thinking
- Unlocking prior learning – what do they already know?
- Whole class feedback – actively engaging pupils from the start
- Fast feedback – the role of the teacher
- Self assessment – getting individuals to work harder than you
- Peer assessment – making it more than pencil case stroking
- Making progress visible – “show me where there isn’t progress”
The session takes place at: BTSA, c/o Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy, Sussex Place, Longton, Stoke on Trent, ST3 4TP.
Parking is available at the Florence Sports and Social, Lightwood Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST3 4JS (Short walk away from Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy).
Please do not use staff or co-op car park.
To book your place(s) on this course, either:
- Complete the online form below
- Email email@example.com
- Call Josephine Edwards on 01782 235 523
PLEASE NOTE: 14 days’ notice must be given to cancel a course to avoid a cancellation charge
An invoice will be sent via email following your booking.
Upon submission, you shall receive an email confirming your booking.
Please check your spam/junk folder and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this email.