Challenge and Stretch in the Classroom
- Date: Tuesday 3 March 2020
- Time: 8:45am – 11:45am
- Location: Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy
- Cost: £150
Details and content
This session will explore exactly what is meant by challenge and participants will have the opportunity to apply this definition to their own context.
Evidence-based strategies will explore how to –
- Develop an understanding of different pupil needs
- Provide opportunity for all pupils to experience success
- Meet individual needs without creating unnecessary workload
- Group pupils effectively
Course content includes:
- What challenge is and isn’t
- Sharing effective approaches to consistently challenge children
- Ensuring pupils are in the “stretch zone”
- Strategies for sharing agreed success criteria and promoting self-regulation and metacognition
- Defining and identifying “more able” and “most able” children
The session takes place at: BTSA, c/o Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy, Sussex Place, Longton, Stoke on Trent, ST3 4TP.
Parking is available at the Florence Sports and Social, Lightwood Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST3 4JS (Short walk away from Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy).
Please do not use staff or co-op car park.
To book your place(s) on this course, either:
- Complete the online form below
- Email email@example.com
- Call Josephine Edwards on 01782 235 523
PLEASE NOTE: 14 days’ notice must be given to cancel a course to avoid a cancellation charge
An invoice will be sent via email following your booking.
Upon submission, you shall receive an email confirming your booking.
Please check your spam/junk folder and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this email.