Children at the forefront
The world of education is an ever changing world, however, there is one constant. Children are still children. They still need our love, support, challenge and the ability to see not just what they are, but also what they could become.
Children are at the forefront of everything that we do at BTSA. That, and helping staff at all stages to grow and be part of schools which provide an excellent all-round education to our children.
In partnership with several other outstanding schools and educational organisations, the Alliance is committed to working with others to improve teaching and learning. As teaching schools take up the mantle of leading the school-led system in this rapidly changing educational landscape, here at BTSA, we are really clear about what we are doing, and more importantly why.
This is best summed up in the phrase: “Releasing potential.” That is our aim and our vision.
We hope that you find the contents of this website useful and interesting. We look forward to hearing from you.
- BTSA’s core purpose is to release the potential in pupils and professionals alike.
- We aim to work in a collaborative partnership whose members are committed to ensure outstanding learning for all.
We are BTSA – the Britannia Teaching School Alliance. Welcome to our website. Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy is the lead school for BTSA, a cohort 2 teaching school established in March 2012, which works with over 100 schools.
BTSA in a nutshell
At BTSA we believe that every individual has the potential to be successful. In seeking to “Release that Potential” we:
- Work across the West Midlands Region and beyond, centred in and around Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire and Cheshire East.
- Collaborate with over 100 schools and academies.
- Have trained over 3,000 course participants in high quality CPD.
- Have a success record of 100% School Direct trainees rated Good or Outstanding.
- Have 100% School Direct trainees who then successfully secure teaching posts and finish their NQT year.
- Are able to support school improvement through the deployment of highly experienced and qualified staff.
- Have 2 NLEs, 44 SLEs, 20 LLEs / Senior School to School Leads and 1 NLG available.