Welcome to BTSA: Britannia Teaching School Alliance
Belgrave St. Bartholomew’s Academy is the lead school for BTSA (Britannia Teaching School Alliance). BTSA is committed to improving educational outcomes for children and young people wherever we can. Our mission is to collaborate with other organisations and work with educational professionals to develop the best trained and supported workforce possible. By “Releasing Potential” within our staff, at each stage of their professional careers, we aim to provide an excellent all round education to the children in our care.
At BTSA we believe that every individual has the potential to be successful. In seeking to “Release that Potential” we:
- Work across the West Midlands Region and beyond, centred in and around Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire and Cheshire East.
- Collaborate with over 100 schools and academies.
- Have trained over 2,000 course participants in high quality CPD.
- Have a success record of 100% School Direct trainees rated Good or Outstanding.
- Have 100% School Direct trainees who then successfully secure teaching posts and finish their NQT year.
- Are able to support school improvement through the deployment of highly experienced and qualified staff.
- Have 2 NLEs, 44 SLEs, 20 LLEs / Senior School to School Leads and 1 NLG available.
We are proud of the fact that since 2012 we have successfully worked with over 100 schools from across the country, improving the life chances of over 25,000 children in the process. We believe that we have a moral imperative to continue this work by identifying and equipping teachers and support staff to be excellent practitioners at every stage of their career, through initial teacher training, ongoing CPD, research and leadership development. We hope this website gives you a flavour of our work and mission.
Over 2000 professionals have benefited from BTSA’s high quality CPD from expert facilitators since 2012. We run regular courses across a range of specialisms, for staff at all stages of their teaching career. We can also deliver the training in your own school as an INSET day or during twilight meetings.
Our bespoke training includes:
Sessions during school time
Date: Thurs 26 January 2017
Time: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Cost: £25 per person
Date: This programme is 3 sessions
Time: 8:45am – 11:45am
Cost: £300 for the whole programme
Date: Thur 2 February 2017
Time: 9:00am – 3:30pm
Cost: £100 per person (including lunch + resource)